What is Rooibos Tea and What are the Health Benefits?
Rooibos teas is a sweet and nutty herbal tea with origins in South African. Rooibos has a unique taste and a range of flavors, which make this type of tea so popular. Rooibos comes in both red and green varieties, the green tea is more sweet and fruity compared to the red which is nuttier in taste. The advantages of drinking Rooibos is the great aromatic, energizing, fresh, high quality, smooth body and soothing tastes. Below are a few key health benefits from drinking Rooibos Tea.
Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea
1) Caffeine free - Anyone can enjoy this tea in any amount.
2) Rich in Antioxidants - Build up your immune system and protect yourself from heart disease.
3) Prevent Cancer - Help reduce cancer-causing chemicals. Defend cells and DNA from cancer causing elements.
4) Boost Circulation - Lowers your blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
5) Skin Care - Yes, tea can make you beautiful. Rooibos tea contains an element called phenyl-pyretic acid, which helps improve acne and other facial diseases. You can directly apply the tea to the affected area for treatment.
6) Reduce Stomach Aches - Rooibos Teas contain high levels of flavonoids that help reduce stomach problems such as cramps, diahorrea and indigestion.
7) Helps you Sleep - Reports indicate that drinking Rooibos tea can help with insomnia and due to the high mineral count and no caffeine it can help people relax and fall asleep much easier.
Rooibos Tea Preparation
Tea:Water Ratio: 1.5 tsp of rooibos tea: 8 oz cup of boiling water. You want to steep your rooibos for about 6 minutes. Add raw sugar cane for sweetness.
Related Article: Healthy Bubble Tea Recipes
- Ryan Anderson