Blog — snow ice
What You Need to Start Your Own Snow Ice Business 0
Snow ice is a specialty dessert from Taiwan recently brought over to the States. One of the hottest new desserts in LA, Ice Husky is one of the first to bring this product to the Bay Area! Our ingredients are all natural, made with ingredients you can buy off a grocery store shelf.
Why Get Into The Snow Ice Business?
- Low Cost - Less than $1 per serving in costs.
- Low Startup Costs - With just one shaver and some ice blocks, you can start a business.
- Room to Grow - Some owners opened multiple stores selling snow ice.
- Hot Demand - Some stores have over 1,000 Yelp review in their first year.
- High Returns - 400% - 700% mark up. Market price at $4 - $8.
Pure Snow Ice Powder - $59.95 (non-local customers)
Taiwanese Shaved Snow Ice 0
What is Taiwanese Shaved Snow Ice? And why is it so delicious?
Taiwanese Shaved Snow Ice, also known as snow cream, milk cream, snow fluff and shaved snow ice, has recently become a huge hit in Los Angeles with places like Blockheads, Class 302, and Kuma Snow. Before it became popular in Los Angeles it was popular in Hawai'i, but even before that, it originated sometime in the 1990s from a nightmarket stand in Taipei, Taiwan. Its original name in Chinese, xue hua bing, translates to "snowflake ice" due to its super fine crystal consistency. What makes snow ice so popular however, is its ability to balance the iciness with a creamy, almost gelato-like taste. The creator of Kuma Snow, Tira, said "it’s like eating snow and tasting ice cream".