Delicious and Simple Mochi Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2½ cup glutinous rice flour
- red bean paste
- toasted flour
- 4 different food colours
- In a pot combine water and sugar bring it to a boil then turn heat off, set aside.
- Divide liquid into 4 parts then add drops of food colour on each container.
- Combine cornstarch and glutinous rice flour then place ¾ cups of this mixture to each container with liquid while still hot.
- Mix the each container until it forms a smooth dough. Form a small flat circle dough roughly the size of the diameter of a drinking glass, place a heaping tablespoon of the red bean paste then seal to form a sphere. Do it with the remaining dough.
- Place in a lightly greased steamer then steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove from steamer then roll in lightly toasted flour to avoid them from sticking together. Serve, you can enjoy them hot or cold.
Try combining popping boba or jelly with your homemade mochi to explore new flavors.
- Wei Fan