Chai-Coconut Milk Boba Popsicles
Prep Time: 1 hour
Yield: Makes 10-2 ½ ounce popsicles or 25 ounces of popsicle base
- 1 cup prepared Boba (3/4 cup dry yield 1 cup cooked)
- 8 ounces Chai concentrate
- 8 ounces Coconut Milk
- 10 popsicle sticks
- To prepare Boba: Either follow package directions or if purchasing it in bulk, combine ¾ cups dried boba with 6 cups boiling water. When the boba begin to float (in just a few minutes), turn heat to medium and allow to simmer for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, turn off the heat and allow the boba to sit in the heated water for 15 additional minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and continue with the recipe.
- Combine the boba, chai and coconut milk in a bowl or jar and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- After thirty minutes, strain the liquid from the boba, reserving the liquid. Evenly spoon the boba in the popsicle molds.
- Place chai-milk mixture in a measuring cup or other container with a spout to make pouring easier. Evenly pour the chai into the popsicle molds.
- Place the lid of the popsicle mold on top of the filled molds. Add a sheet of foil over the lid to help secure the popsicle sticks. Insert the sticks into the molds and place into the freezer. Freeze fully.
- To remove popsicles from the molds run the molds (not the exposed top with the stick) under hot water for a few seconds until popsicles remove easily.
Is wishing a more creamy popsicle, a higher fat content milk or cream may be substituted for the coconut milk.