Today’s Special: Boba Milk tea.
Boba is also widely known as bubble tea, pearl milk tea, tapioca tea or Boba tea. So, what is it?
It is a strong iced tea mixed with creamer and served with chewy black tapioca pearls. The drink is believed to be the creation of Chung Shui Tang Teahouse in Taichung, Taiwan. It was inspired by the Japanese method of serving cold coffee. The new method became remarkably successful for the business in the 1980s. Rumor has it that one of the managers of the teahouse, Lin Hsiu Hui, was bored in a meeting so she poured the tapioca dessert into her glass of iced milk tea and it turned out unexpectedly delicious. The drink quickly caught on and is now served all around the world.
Here’s our guide for how you can make this favorite on your own:
What You Need.
- Tea of your choice. 8g
- Raw tapioca (or pearls, boba)
- Milk or Creamer 100ml
- Longan honey syrup (sweetness to taste)
- Golden Cane Sugar syrup (sweetness to taste)
- Raw cane sugar (sweetness to taste)
- Bring water to a boil then pour in raw boba.
- Cook raw boba in 30 minutes, turn off and let it sit for another 30 minutes.
- Strain the water and wash boba with warm water.
- Mix thoroughly with sugar and longan syrup. Adjust sweetness level to your liking.
- Put the mixture aside.
Mixing Milk Tea.
- Brew some tea ~200ml.
- Pour tea, milk, sugar syrup, and ice cubes in to a shaker (adjust to your liking)
- Shake well.
Serve by pouring over a scoop of cooked boba. Top with a fat straw. Enjoy.
Before you leave, we invite you to peruse the ingredients and equipment needed for this recipe. Here is what we used:
Raw large tapioca: http://fanaledrinks.com/products/tapioca-boba-fanale
Tea leaves: http://fanaledrinks.com/collections/tea-leaves
Honey longan syrup: http://fanaledrinks.com/products/longan-honey-syrup-fanale
Golden cane sugar syrup: http://fanaledrinks.com/products/golden-cane-sugar-syrup
Raw cane sugar: http://fanaledrinks.com/products/raw-cane-sugar
Tools and equipment:
Stirring spoon: http://fanaledrinks.com/products/stirring-spoon
Tea/powder spoon: http://fanaledrinks.com/products/powder-spoon-fanale
Tea espresso machine (optional): http://fanaledrinks.com/products/mae011
Thank you for visiting us!